TOURISM

Barangay Compostela got its name from the world compost or “byaong” because of the place that has a formation like a compost. It is located on the upland eastern part of Alegria, Cebu. It has total land area of 1,335 sq. m/ha. Composed of 90% cliff, 10% patag. Its biggest part is allocated for agriculture (80%) and the other 20% is forestall…..

Guadalupe is one of the barangay which is in the outlaying are of the Municipality of Alegria. It is located in the mountainous area and has 14 sitio namely: teguib, Cabugan, Lingatong, Conlansihan, Atangan, Talayong, Sima, Aliangaw, Cambais, Calut, Balabag, Logingut, Anislag and Mayana…..

Barangay Legaspi is located at the coastal part of Alegria, Cebu. It is bounded on the North by Barangay Poblacion; on the South by the Municipality of Malabuyoc; on the west by the tañon Strait and on the east is bounded by Barangay Montpeller. One of the most highest and challenging peak in Cebu which is Mt. Lanaya is located at this barangay. Mt. Lanaya has a height of 720 ft. below sea level…..

Barangay Lepanto is one of the  mountainous barangay of Alegria. It is located on the upland southeast part of Alegria. It is composed of 9 sitio namely; Balwang, Kolansihan, Tugop, Proper, Cagay-an, Hugyawan, Luyong Tubig, Kilat and Libo. Barangay Lepanto  got its name from the married couple named Lepa and Lito. It was established in 18th century…..

Barangay Madridejos is derived from the Spanish word Madre de Hijos de dios which means, the mother of the Son of God, words were shortened, and thus it became Madridejos, It has a total land area of 798.3391 hectares, composed of seven sitios namely Gusa, Alangasil, Anongan, Poblacion I, Taboan/ Calcalan, Sangi and Balhaan…..

Barangay Montpeller is located in the mountainous part of Alegria town, part of Cebu province, in the eastern part of the city from the heart of the town, at a distance of 6-8 kilometers. The arrival of this barangay from the town by motorbike and jeepney travel every Friday. Adjacent to this Barangay are Barangay Lepanto in the Eastern part…..

Barangay Poblacion is located at the central part of Alegria and is 117 kilometers from Cebu City. It is about twenty meters away from the sea and it occupies about 145.5647 hectares and approximately 90% of which is mountainous and 10% is plain. There are seven sitios in Barangay Poblacion namely,  Sta. Rosa, San Roque, Highway, Malbog, Logingot, Estaca and Talaba…..

Barangay Sta. Filomena in one of the 9 barangays of Alegria. This barangay is located in the coastal area of Alegria and has total land area of 1,234 hectares which is composed of 9 sitios namely: Cotcoton, Bulokbulok, Bulacao, Tapon, Kabulihan, Tongo, Kinyanga, Kambunoc and Polo…..

Barangay Sta. Filomena in one of the 9 barangays of Alegria. This barangay is located in the coastal area of Alegria and has total land area of 1,234 hectares which is composed of 9 sitios namely: Cotcoton, Bulokbulok, Bulacao, Tapon, Kabulihan, Tongo, Kinyanga, Kambunoc and Polo…..